TOYLB: A New City-Season 1-9

Episode 9

*the next day, Jared woke up to see Hecro making breakfast instead*

Jared: Where's Mommy?

Hecro: He's...resting at the moment

Thrax; 8had barly slept at all8

Jared: Did...something happen to Mommy?

Hecro: Well...yes, bt he's gonna be alright. Listen, can u do me a favour?

Jared: Anything, Uncle Hecro

Hecro: Help me ask for leave for ur Daddy. He needs to be with Mommy for a while, OK?

Thrax; 8nuzzled ozzy gently8

Jared: OK, I'll try. But Spryman won't be happy abt this

Hecro: Just tell him tht if it makes him any better, I'll take ovr ur Daddy's shift later in the afternoon

Jared: *nods* Alright

Ozzie: *still asleep, albeit fitfully*

Thrax; 8sighed softly8

*everyone soon left for work, leaving Thrax n his family at home*

Thrax; 8goes to check on the kids8

*the boys are already awake n doing their tug of war with their teeth again, bt the girls were still asleep*

Thrax; 8sighed8 I know your mouths hurt but you'll have no more toys left if you keep doing that.

*the boys looked up at him n gave him a toothy grin*

Kiaran: Mama?

Thrax; 8knealt in front of them8 Your mother's ill at the minute and needs his rest for the day.

Ozzex: *pouts* Num-num...

Thrax; C'mon let's get you two some breakfast. 8picks the boys up and carries them to the kitchen8

*the boys giggled*

Thrax; 8fixed the boys some mashed fruit and juice for them8

*the boys chewed on their spoon as they waited*

Thrax; 8set their sippy cups down then the bowls before tying the bibs on8

*the boys giggled n clapped their hands as they ate, while the girls soon could be heard crying as they wake*

Thrax; 8rushed upstairs to get them before coming down8

Ozzie: *had awoken at their cry n made his way mechanically to chk them out, only to see Shane still left behind not carried dwn yet. He reaches ovr to pick her up* Shh...Mama's here *cradles her in his arms*

Thrax; Ozzy/

Ozzie: *didn't hear him, breastfeeding Shane as if she was his own*

Thrax; 8sweatdropped8

Ozzie: *smiles dwn at Shane, barely noticing Thrax's presence*

Thrax; Ozzy/

Ozzie: *not looking at him* Shh...I'm busy

Thrax; Are you feeling ok/

Ozzie: I'm OK. Our baby girl's hungry, is all *sees Shane done feeding n burps her* See? All tucked in now

Thrax; ~He's lost it.~ Ozzy that's our niece.

Ozzie: *doesn't reply. Just hands him Shane n disappeared into the master bedroom*

Thrax; 8looked at Shane8 He's out of it sweetie.

Shane: *looks bk up at her uncle n shrugged*

*meanwhile, at the office, Spryman was throwing a tantrum as usual*

Amber; 8cringed at the racket, no matter what he did Spryman never listened8

Jared: Calm dwn, Spryman, n just listen...

Spryman: I don't care if ur Mommy got hit by a toe jam car!! Thrax is not authorized to take leaves just like tht, n on his new job no less! What if those crazy ass germs n viruses come again! Thrax is one of the superhero teams, for Hec's sake!!

Amber; 8groaned8

Jared: For crying out loud, Spryman, will u stop being so selfish n think abt anyone other than urself?! Just because u don't have parents doesn't give u the right to patronize mine...

Spryman: Don't talk abt my parents! Dont u DARE talk abt my parents! U have no right!

Jared: Well u have no right to judge mine either! Things haven't been easy since we moved in here, so why don't u cut us some slack?!

Spryman: Cut u some slack?? I'll cut u some slack! *gives him a right hook*

*an all out brawl fist fight ensued*

Amber; 8grabbed Spryman and held him back8

Jared: You're just a selfish brat who gets his way all the time n nvr think of anyone bt urself! Ur parents would be turning in their grave seeing u like this! They'll be disappointed! *turns to Amber* Ur his guardian! You should've disciplined him wen u had the chance

Spryman: Don't u fucking talk to me like u knw everything, like u own me! U are my aide, u work under me! U should be listening to me!

Amber; 8slapped him across the face8

Spryman: *shocked* What the...What the Hec do u think ur doing, Amber?!

Amber; Jared's right but no matter how hard I tried you never learned.

Spryman: *tears welled in his eyes as he held his throbbing cheek, bt he gritted n blinked them bk, slamming his fists against Amber's chest before making a run for it out of the office*

Amber; 8ran after him8

Jared: Amber, no *stops him* Leave him alone. Let him clear his mind a little. Wait it out until he calms dwn before u approach him

Amber; 8bit his lip8

Spryman: *ran out of the office all the way to the area where Ozzie n the gang lived. He then saw Ozzie just sitting there on the roof of the house* ~How the Hec did he get up there?!~

Thrax; Ozzy/ What are you doing/

Spryman: *stays hidden n watched, wondering how the scene will unfold*

Ozzie: I'm just sightseeing, is all

Thrax; Get down from there.

Ozzie: I wonder...how does it feel like to fly?

Thrax; Ozzy.

Ozzie: You knw wat, I just might try it *gets up n stand at the edge of the roof*

Spryman: *held his breath*

Thrax; Don't.

Ozzie: *laughs n jumps off*

Spryman: *against his better judgment, ran ovr to him to cushion his fall, without realizing tht his blade went to defense mode, springing spider-like legs to stop his fall in mid-air bt pierced thru some of Spryman's limbs*

Thrax; 8gasped8 Ozzy what have you done/

Ozzie: *sees Spryman* Oh, hello, mayor

Spryman: Ahh, fuck... *tears his limbs off the blades that impaled him*

Thrax; 8grabbed ozzy and pulled him back8

Spryman: *sees his missing arm n both his legs n groans* Ah, great, this'll take at least a week to grow bk

Thrax; 8helped him sit up on a deck chair8

Ozzie: *crouched at a corner in a daze*

Spryman: *winced* Bandage me up now, will ya, Roja? Dont wanna let me bleed to death

Thrax; 8rushed in and grabbed the first-aid before getting to work8

Ozzie: *sees Spryman n smiles*

Spryman: What are u smiling at? It's ur fault, you knw?

Thrax; He's not right in the head.

Spryman: Hmm. I guess I see why ur son wants me to grant u a personal leave

Thrax; I'm afraid so.

Spryman: *hesitates bt finally asked* What's wrong with him?

Thrax; 8sighed8 He was 'attacked'

Spryman: Attacked? *didn't get it because of his age*

Thrax; 8swallowed8 You're too young to know.

Spryman: Are u questioning me as mayor? *scowls*

Thrax; No but it's not something you'll understand.

Spryman: Fine, whatever. So...is he gonna be OK?

Ozzie: *playing ard with a random flower on the grass*

Thrax; Hopefully but it could be a while.

Ozzie: *hears one of the boys crying* Ah, boo-boo time *gets up n leaves*

Spryman: Well, at least he's more or less sane with the kids

Thrax; Not exactly. 8he helped Spryman inside and ran after ozzy8

Ozzie: *picks up Ozzex who was crying* There, there, Mama will make the boo-boo go away

Thrax; 8arrived behind him8

Ozzie: *more or less was alright this time, helping Ozzex to change diapers with no incident*

Thrax; 8bits his lip8

Spryman: *watches frm his seat at whatever Ozzie's doing, feeling a little sorry for him*

Thrax; 8breathed heavily8

Ozzie: There, boo-boo all clean *put Ozzex in the playpen n went out to the backyard again n just sat there*

Thrax; 8sighed in frustration8

Spryman: He's got it bad

Thrax; 8nods8

Spryman: *silent for a while before saying* Anything I can do?

Thrax; 8shook his head8

Spryman: C'mon. It's the least I can do as mayor. Make me useful...for once *had a sad look on his face*

Thrax; What can you do/

Spryman: For starters, I'm a mayor. I knw ppl who knws the ins and outs of the plcs here in Hector, some of them the dark kind. Not reli proud of it, bt they are also part of the society tht keeps me in office. I knw someone who is a very good tracker, evn though the trail is cold

Thrax; 8raised a brow8

Spryman: You want my help or not?

Thrax; Can it really work/

Spryman: Don't u trust me?

Thrax; 8sighed8 I'm not sure who we can trust here.

Spryman: Then for the sake of Jones, trust me

Thrax; 8looked at him then nodded8

Spryman: Right. Now call my office *hands him his cell phone with his remaining good hand* The number is on speed dial

Thrax; 8pressed the number he needed then gave it to Spryman.8

Spryman: *waited for someone to pick up*

Amber; Mayor Spryman's office.

Spryman: *hesitant bt speaks* Hey, Amber. It's me

Amber; Paul/ Where are you/ Are you alright/

Spryman: Yes, yes, I'm fine. Lost an arm n both my legs bt I'm fine. I'm at Roja's plc. Get ur ass dwn here now.

Amber; 8hung up and sped down there with Jared8

Spryman: *hangs up n turns to Thrax* I'd appreciate if u don't let anyone knw of my...condition

Thrax; My lips are sealed but let me help speed things up. 8he knealt in front of Spryman8

Spryman: *raise a brow n watched him work*

Thrax; 8concentrated and slowly Spryman's limbs grew back8

Spryman: *amazed at it* Woah! Cool!

Thrax; *exhaled exhaustedly8

Spryman: Yo. Roja, u alright?

Thrax; Just tired.

Spryman: Well... *tested his regrown limb* Thanks anyway. You can take as long a leave as u want. Just promise me u'll come bk to work after this blows ovr

Thrax; 8nods8

Spryman: *hears the limo outside* Here comes the calvary

Amber; 8ran in with Jared at his heels8

Spryman: Took you forever

Jared: Hey Daddy *looks ard* Where's Mommy?

Thrax; 8pointed weakly outside8

Jared: *goes out* Hi, Mommy. You OK?

Ozzie: *looks up at him, smiles n went bk to plucking at teh grass*

Jared: M...Mommy?

Thrax; 8weakly limped outside8 He's not right in the head Jared.

Jared: Wh...What...? Wh...Why? How did he...?

Spryman: Your dad said he got "attacked", whatever that means. C'mon, let's go. We've got work to do

Jared: *knew exactly wat it meant due to his experience as a child prostitute n covered his mouth in shock, tears welling up*

Amber; 8led Spryman away8

Jared: *went to hug Ozzie, who was totally clueless n not reacting* Mommy...Mommy... *sobs*

Thrax; 8came up behind them8

Jared: *sobs as he held him tight* Mommy...Oh Mommy...

Ozzie: * one of his hands reached up to caress Jared while he was still staring in space, humming the lullaby tht he always did for the babies*

Thrax; This always happens when he experiences pain and hurt.

Jared: I'm so sorry, Mommy... *sobs* If only I could protect you... If only I had powers...

Ozzie: *continues to hum the lullaby n caressing him*

Thrax; Jared Jared if it's anyone's fault it's mine.

Jared: Huh? *looks up tearfully*

Thrax; I should had kept better watch over him.

Jared: *hugs Ozzie some more* You will find out who did this, right?

Thrax; 8snarled8 And he'll feel the heat of my claw.

Jared: *hears the car honk* I gtg now *kisses Ozzie's cheek* Bye, Mommy

Thrax; Don't be late Jared and be careful.

Jared: I will *goes to the limo n soon it drove off*

Thrax; 8sighed and gently lead ozzy back insode8

Spryman: *removes the bandages once his arm n legs have grown bk fully* Amber. Once we get to the office, make a call to Septimus. We're gonna need "The Tracker"

Jared: "The Tracker"?

Spryman: You'll find out soon enough

Amber; Yes sir.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews