TOYLB: A New City-Season 1-4

Episode 4

*for the next few days, everyone laid low n did their thing as they tried to manage the house and finish off any leftover unpacking. Towards the afternoon, they were paid a visit, the doorbell rang*

Thrax; 8crept to the door and loked through the peep-hole8

*outside stood a she-cell with smart-looking glasses on carrying a bunch of paperwork*

Thrax; 8opened the door but kept it on the chain8 Can I help you/

Ellen: Hi, is this the Jones-Roja and Drixenol residence?

Thrax; Yes/

Ozzie: *shows up while still feeding the twins* Who's that, hon?

Ellen: Sorry. Forgot to introduce myself. I'm Ellen Patella. I work alongside with Mayor Spryman's secretary to provide u with ur citizenship and special passes

Thrax; 8unlocked the door and let her in8

Hecro: *pops out to see who is it as well*

Ellen: *looks ard* Is Mr. Drixenol and his girlfriend with you as well?

Ozzie: They live next door to us, actually. I'll go call them over

Thrax; 8led her to the living room8

Ozzie: *goes next door to call Drix n Leah ovr*

Ellen: *looks ard the plc* Nice digs. As expected by Mayor Spryman

Thrax; 8nods as he cradles Sakura in his arms8 Though I'm not fond of hie methods.

Ellen: Well, unfortunately he's the mayor, so we'll just have to bear with it. As long as he maintains the right of everyone, regardless the species, of a chance to live in a city just like anyone else, he's entitled to his own deeds

Leah; 8from the door8 Yeah right.

Ellen: Ah, you must be the famous ex-Mayor of the city of Frank, I presume

Leah; Former mayor would be better.

Ozzie: How do you knw abt Frank?

Ellen: It's my job to knw ppl's origins before letting them have a plc in our city. I may be an avid runner for cells' rights, bt I still have to abide by the rules. Frank is Shane's father, right?

8everyone nodded8

Ellen: Shane was Hector's classmate back in 3rd grade, that's how I knw abt Frank as well. They are more or less best buds. In fact it's thanks to Shane that Hector got to knw Christine

Hecro: Christine?

Ellen: Hector's puppy love at the moment. We're trying to help him get them together at the same time looking out for his health

Thrax; 8rolled his eyes8

Ellen: Well, I won't beat abt the bush *takes out the paperwork frm her files* Here's ur citizenship papers, ur IDs and special passes to come n go as u pls to the brain centre. Jobs will be offered to you by the end of the week by the mayor, so I suggest u go to his office by then

Leah; Just hope we can provide.

Ozzie: A job is as good as any

Ellen: For me, as long as you do not create trouble in the city, everyone has a right to live here and earn an honest living.

Hecro: You can count on that, missy

Ellen: Right. So once again, welcome to the City of Hector. Hope to see you guys real soon *extends a hand to shake*

Thrax; 8shook it8

*everyone else shook as well*

Junko; 8looked up at the she-cell8

Ellen: My, my, aren't u a cute little girl *tickles Junko's cheek* Too bad I gtg. Plenty of other cells to relocate. I'll see myself out

Thrax; 8nodded8

*everyone watches as the she-cell leave before checking out their citizenship papers*

Leah; 8looked through hers8

Hecro: Well, everything seems to be legit. We're officially Hector citizens now

Drix: I wonder what jobs that kid mayor has to offer

Ozzie: I shudder to think

Thrax; Well I'll have to decline mine.

Ozzie: Huh? Why? You don't even knw wat job he's offering yet

Thrax; 8looked at the kids8

Ozzie: Oh yeah, right. I forgot abt that. But don't u think it's abt time I be the househusband instead

Drix: I agree. You did say ur getting outta shape. This could be a good chance for Oz to relax and u to get bk in ur game

Thrax; 8glared8

Drix: Oh, c'mon. Don't give me that look. I don't mean any harm

Ozzie: Love, reli. I don't mind trading roles with you. It's abt time I'm ard at home

Thrax; I'm not really sure, with me being what I am.

Ozzie: Then it's time to prove to them that u are not who they think you are. Make a good reputation for urself. C'mon, love. I've been away frm the kids for too long. I wanna stay with them this time

Thrax; 8looked up at him8

Ozzie: *gives him that puppy eye look he used to give bk then to Leah*

Thrax; 8sighs8 Fine I'll give it a shot.

Drix: *sniggers, remembering that look*

Leah; 8rolled her eyes as she remembered8

Ozzie: Thanks, love *hugs him* I love ya

Thrax; Love you to baby.

Drix: Right. Then it's settled. By the end of the week, we go see the mayor n c wat job he's got for us

Thrax; We'll see.

*soon, at the end of the week, everyone was gathered at the taxi station and took a cab to go to the brain centre*

Thrax; 8gripped the edge of his coat8

Drix: *approaches the secretary n showed everyone's special passes* We're here for the job offers with the mayor

Secretary; 8presses the intercon8 Sir your 10 o'clock is here.

Spryman: 10 o'clock? What 10 o'clock?

Secretary: Your meeting.

Spryman: Meeting? Amber! Do I have a meeting today?

Secretary; Yes sir, with Mr. Roja, Mr. Jones, Mr. Drixonal and Ms. Estregon.

Spryman: Ooh~! The superheroes! Yes, yes, let them in!

Leah; 8rolled her eyes as she fallowed the guys8

*everyone enters to see Spryman greeting them warmly*

Spryman: Welcome, everyone! Boy, am I glad to see you!

Hecro: *muttered to himself* That makes one of us

Thrax; 8felt his eye twitch8

Spryman: Well then, everyone. How was ur days in Hector so far?

Ozzie: All good

Hecro: More or less alright

Drix: Keeping outta trouble

Thrax; Peaceful, thankfully.

Leah; And quiet.

Spryman: Right. So, I've got some reli cool jobs for ya, all within the proximity of the brain centre. Think u can handle it?

8they all nodded8

Spryman: Alright. These are your jobs *flips out a few papers*

8they all looked at the slips8

*the slips for the men were all bodyguard positions, bt at different levels of the brain centre, mostly at the areas most important of the brain function. For Leah, the job position was as assistant secretary of either at Ellen's office or Amber's office*

Leah; ~Better than nothing.~

Ozzie: Sorry for my part. I'm gonna have to decline

Spryman: What? Why?

Ozzie: *gestures to his kids* Family man now. Someone's gotta watch ovr the kids

Spryman: You got brilliant superpowers n u wanna waste it on looking after some brats?

Thrax; 8growled, showing his fangs8

Ozzie: *held Thrax aside* Hey, the "brats" you're talking abt are my kids n my niece. I'd watch who I'm talking to if I were you *gestured his hand, seemingly meaning to pop out his blade*

Leah: Better watch your tongue kid.

Hecro: *thinks* ~I oughta give him a spanking~

Spryman: Fine, fine, watever. It's ur funeral. Neways *points at Jared* U got a job too

Jared: *surprised* Me?

Thrax; 8looked worried8 He's just a child.

Spryman: No big. I'm having him as a personal advisor. It's tough to always having to listen to those old fashioned adults telling me wat to do wen I'm the mayor ard here, so I need someone of my age beside me to back me up on things

Jared: Umm...I dunno... *hesitates*

Leah; 8felt her heart race with anger8

Drix: *shook his head at Leah*

Spryman: Look at the good side. You get to go to school with me under a private tutor, free of charge

Jared: *looks at both his parents*

Ozzie: It's your call, love

Thrax; It's your choice Jared.

Jared: *thinks for a moment, then looks at him* Alright. I'll do it *thinks* ~If that'll keep u in line~

Spryman: Good! So you'll be like my first mate, my right hand man, aye, buddy?

Jared: *shrugs* Yeah, I guess so

Spryman: So, for the exception of Mr. Jones, which dept as a bodyguard u chose, guys?

Hecro: I've got the one at the right hemisphere

Thrax; 8looked at his8

Drix: I'm taking the one towards the medula oblongata, so that's leave u with the left hemisphere, Thrax

Thrax; 8nodded8

Spryman: What abt u, Ms. Estrogen? Which dept do u choose as assistant secretary?

Leah; On where I coould do what's best for the city.

Spryman: THen I guess you'll be working with Amber then. Amber is more or less the middle person btwn the city n me

Leah; 8nodded8

Spryman: Well, guess it's all settled then. I'll see u guys next week to get started

8they nodded and left8

Jared: Wow. That was unexpected. I'm actually getting a job as well

Ozzie: Anything to put food on the table, love

Thrax; I'm not fond with the idea.

Ozzie: Well, I'm not entirely fond with it either, bt it's our son's call. He's gotta learn to make his own decisions

Hecro: I second that. At least the mayor wasn't being pushy abt u declining his job offer

Leah; And Jared will keep him in line.

Jared: I'll do my best. He seems to be a little bit of a tough nut to crack since none of the adults could do anything to him

Thrax; Why woulld they be foolish enough to elect a CHILD?

Hecro: I knw, I mean, c'mon. Hector may be a child, bt having another child to run a child city is just rubbing salt on wounds

Drix: Well, like Amber said, we would have to find out frm this Chief Gluteus. He'll probably knw better

Leah; Let's hope.

*once they reach home, there were packages at their doorstep*

Thrax; Huh/ 8he looked them over8

*it was attaches with a letter frm Amber*

Thrax; 8looked at the note8

Note: Was in the neighbourhood wen I got the call frm Spryman's secretary regarding ur job offers. Congratulations. This will be ur work wardrobe. Hope it's a good fit

Leah; We better try it on.

Hecro: *took out his uniform and tried it on*

Drix: *did not have a uniform probably because of his size, bt he did have some sort of gear worn by security*

Thrax; 8tried his on8

Leah; 8did the same8

Ozzie: *watched with anticipation how they would look like*

Thrax; Not bad.

Ozzie: Oh, you look handsome in it, love

Hecro: *looks at himself in the mirror* I don't look too shabby myself. Sweet!

Drix: I must say I'm rather impressed *chked out his gear*

Leah; Safisticated.

Ozzie: You guys look awesome in it *claps his hands* Don't they, kids?

8they all giggled8

Jared: Oh yeah! Most definitely!

Thrax; 8changed back into his clothes8

Ozzie: Well, I guess we're more or less in a good start

Leah; 8nodded8

Hecro: At least we're more or less accepted into Hector, even if it means by the mayor's standard

Thrax; 8sighed8

Drix: No choice bt to bear with it, I suppose. We're the mayor's "superheroes", remember? We're still strangers here, and we need all the good side we could get

Ozzie: You got that right, Drix

Leah; ~Even if the kid's a pain in the ass.~

Ozzie: You guys' job offers are security guards. I wonder wat does he need guarding for. Hector is so healthy

Leah: Best not take any chances.

Drix: She's right. It's because Hector is so young that he is prone to more stuff than adults who have built up years of immunity against. Better safe than sorry

Thrax; 8sighed8

Ozzie: Aww, c'mon, love. Smile *hugs him* Things will get better. You'll see

Thrax; Sorry sug but when ya lived a life like mine it's hard.

Hecro: Doesn't make that any different than mine, but we'll pull thru

Drix: All we gotta do is stick together, eh, everyone?

Ozzie: You said it, Drix

Leah; 8nodded8

Ozzie: Btw, congrats on ur new jobs, especially u, love *kisses Thrax*

Thrax; 8smiled8

Drix: Well, we'd better be off now *picks up his gear* Cya at work then, everyone?

Hecro: Alright

Leah; 8waved and lefted with Drix8

Ozzie: *saw them out before returning to his family* Well, guess this is it then. We're reli living the Hector life

Thrax; 8chuckled8

Hecro: Yup, totally. Out with the old, in with the new

Thrax; Not always.

Hecro: Huh?

Thrax; Sometimes the old is better than the new.

Ozzie: Looking at the mayor, I'd say ur more or less right on that

Thrax; Jared are you sure of this position/

Jared: Yeah, I'm cool. I mean, I'm not only doing it for the sake of free schooling, bt I don't mind the challenge of taming someone

Ozzie: Spoken just like a true Jones, boy

Thrax; 8chuckled and ruffled his hair8

Jared: *grins*

Hecro: I just hope this plc is much peaceful than bk home

Ozzie: I agree on that

Thrax; We'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews