TOYLB: A New City-Season 1-5

Episode 5

*the day for work soon came. Ozzie was dwnstairs at the kitchen making a hearty breakfast for everyone*

Thrax; 8came down wearing his crisp clean uniform8

Hecro: *came dwn wearing his uniform as well*

Jared: *all dressed and carrying his schoolbag, although inside was only stationary since he had no books yet*

Ozzie: Well, good morning, everyone

Thrax; Morning love.

Ozzie: You all look mighty handsome today *kisses Thrax*

Hecro: All set n ready for work

Jared: What's for breakfast, Mommy?

Thrax; Nothing too much I hope. 8pours himself some coffee8

Ozzie: No big, just the regular eggs and bacon, n some cereal if u want any

Jared: *arms himself with fork n knife* Eggs and bacon plz~!!

Hecro: *chuckles* I'll have some cereal

Thrax; Just a small portion of eggs and bacon for me.

Ozzie: *prepared their food*

Thrax; 8drank down his coffee8

Drix: *rapped at their window* Hey guys!

Thrax; Morning Drix

Hecro: *opens the door for him* Hey Drix. Wanna have some breakfast?

Drix: Nah, we've just ate. Just chking on u to see if ur all set n ready. Amber called. She said our ride will be here in 20 mins

Thrax; 8wiped his mouth and washed his dishes8

Ozzie: *comes up to him* I'll do it, love. You guys get ready *takes ovr the dishes*

Jared: Can I have a peanut butter n jelly toast to go, Mommy?

Ozzie: *chuckles* Sure, love. Help urself. I swear u eat just like Jamison. Where do u store all that n still look in shape?

Jared: *grins n made himself the toast*

Thrax; 8chuckled and straightened out his uniform8

Hecro: *finishes his cereal just in time to hear the car* Ah, looks like our ride's here

Leah; Let's go.

Ozzie: Have fun at work *kisses Thrax* Cya later, hon

Jared: *stuffed the toast into his lunch bag n ran out to catch their ride, which was a limo*

Thrax; 8sweatdropped8

Hecro: Red carpet treatment as usual *shrugs*

Ozzie: *sees them to the door* Bye, guys

Thrax; 8kissed him good bye and got into the limo8

Ozzie: *watched until they left before going bk into the house to clean up*

Leah; 8clutched her hands as they drove, feeling nervous8

Drix: *wraps his arm ard his fiance, assuring her everything's alright*

Jared: *munching his toast*

Thrax; 8inhaled deeply, he was just as nervous as her8

*they all reached the brain centre, where Amber is waiting at the entrance*

Leah: Good day.

Drix: *nods* Good morning

Hecro & Jared: *greets as well*

Amber; Good morning everyone, I trust you're ready for today.

Hecro: Ready as we'll ever be

Amber; Then fallow me, I'll bring you to your rightful locations.

*everyone followed behind her*

*Amber led everyone to their proper area8

Hecro: *parts frm the group as he reached the right hemisphere* Good luck, guys

Drix: Same to you *then parts frm the group at the medula oblongata*

Thrax; Be careful Jared. 8he headed to the left hemisphere8

Jared: No worries, Daddy. Cya *heads to Spryman's office*

Leah: 8took a deep breath and fallowed Amber to their office8

*the day went more or less smoothly, with no incidents so far. By the afternoon, Ozzie came with the kids to ask Thrax out for lunch*

Thrax; I'm not sure it's wise for me to leave my post my love.

Random security: Hey, it's cool. Nothing big going on neways. Go have lunch with ur family. I got it covered

Thrax; Thanks. 8nuzzled ozzy's neck as he led them away8

Ozzie: *giggled* That tickles *kissed his cheek* So where shall we eat?

Thrax; There's a quaint little diner just a block from here.

Ozzie: OK. We'll go there. Let's go have some num-num, kids

8they all cheered8

*they all entered the diner*

Ozzie: *sees someone at a distance* Well, I'll be. Hey there, Chief

Chief Gluteus: *almost choked in his coffee at seeing them* Oh it's u guys

Thrax; 8held his mate close8

Ozzie: Mind if we sit next to ur table?

CG: No one's stopping u *grumbled as he sipped his coffee*

Thrax; 8narrowed his eyes8

Ozzie: *led the family to sit* Sorry. It seems to be the only table left. Lunch hour, u knw how it is

CG: *grunted a reply*

Ozzie: *looks thru the menu*

Thrax; 8read it over his mate's shoulder8

CG: So, heard u got urselves a job

Thrax; Just me, Drix and Leah.

Ozzie: Family man right here

CG: Yeah. You're all ovr the news *tosses them the papers*

Thrax; 8looked at it8

Headlines: NEW BOYS IN TOWN: FRIEND OR FOE? MAYOR ENDORSES ILLEGALS

Ozzie: Man, that's a little harsh

Thrax; I'm not surprised, I've been getting weird looks all day but they think I don't know.

CG: Yeah, well, personally I don't reli give a rat's ass abt who comes in or goes out, as long as the city stays just the way I like it

Thrax; 8rolled his eyes8

Ozzie: I've been meaning to ask, why is this city run by a kid? Ain't u got no adults to handle this kind of thing?

Thrax; 8pricked up his ears8

CG: It's common sense, don't u knw?

Thrax; 8cocked a brow8

Ozzie: Umm, wat does that mean?

CG: Lemme guess, u were born wen ur city was an adult?

Ozzie: Yeah, abt that time, just before Frank got married

CG: I should've known

Thrax; What/

CG: Look, a city has to paired with a mayor of its own equivalent age every time a city grows older. It's standard protocol. OK, lemme give u an example. Ever heard of kids who look and sound more mature than their age, or when an adult still behaving like a kid?

Ozzie: Y...Yeah, Shane--that's my city's daughter--had a few friends like that, mature beyond their age

Thrax; I've come across a few on my 8clears his throat8 'travels'.

CG: Well, those are perfect examples of child cities that are taken ovr by adult mayors. And wat did they end up as in human society?

Ozzie: Umm...Well, some were looked up upon, but...gotta admit, most of them end up as outcasts

CG: That's right. So are u trying to suggest to make our city a human social outcast as well?

Ozzie: Well, no, but...

CG: You see my point now? Mayor Spryman may be a brat, that I'll give as much, bt he's doing by right of Hector and his human social life, so there's nothing to complain abt

Thrax; Yeah and Hector's on his way to a low down life as an adult.

CG: At least he's alive and well, and standing. Hec knws wat u did to ur last city to make u leave it

Thrax; 8growled8

Ozzie: *holds him bk* I admit our city wasn't healthy to begin with, bt we tried reli hard before we were forced to leave him. It wasn't easy. You try being in our shoes

CG: Whatever. Keep telling urself that n u might just believe it *finishes his coffee, pays n left*

Thrax; 8let out a stream of Spanish curses8

*ppl were looking distastefully*

Ozzie: Now, now, love. We're strangers here. I gotta say, that he's got nerve

Thrax; 8sighed, calming down8

Ozzie: Let's just have our lunch peacefully. They'll come round. I'm sure of it

Thrax; 8didn't looked convinced but beckoned a waiter over8

Waiter: *approaches them a little reluctantly* How may I help you, guys?

Thrax; 8gave the man their orders8

Waiter: *writes their orders dwn* Right. Be right with ya, boys

Thrax; 8nodded8

Ozzie: *waits till the waiter left* So, how was ur day, love?

Thrax; Rather peaceful.

Ozzie: Nothing extraordinary happening? How abt Drix, Leah and Hecro? How are they doing?

Thrax; Haven't heard from them yet.

Ozzie: Oh well, I suppose we'll hear frm them soon after work

Thrax; 8nodded as he set the kids in high chairs8

Ozzie: For me, it's more or less alright, although I did have a run in to somebody

Thrax; Oh/ Who/

Ozzie: That feminine he-cell Hecro was so smitten with. I was doing some grocery shopping with the kids wen I saw him. He looks quite pretty, dontcha think, kids?

8the girls smirked while their brothers nodded8

Ozzie: I didn't approach him, just see him frm afar, bt I can see why the attraction. He was talking to a she-cell. Long hair, smart-looking. He called her "Ellie", wonder if it's short for Elektra

Thrax; Or Elaine or Eleanor.

Ozzie: *shrugs* Who knws. That guy is mighty tall though. I wonder wat his name is n where he works. Maybe then I could introduce him to Hecro *grins*

Thrax; 8chuckled8

Ozzie: Hecro deserves to have someone. He's done so much for us

Thrax; 8nods8 He does.

Ozzie: I've had a good look at the guy. First impression-wise, I think he's good for Hecro. Hecro is such a tough ass, he needs someone nice n soft to balance him out

Thrax; 8sniggers8 Sounds right.

*their orders finally arrived*

Thrax; Thanks. 8hands the waiter a tip8

Waiter: *surprised, bt accepted it anyway* Enjoy ur meal *left*

Ozzie: That was a nice thing u did there, love

Thrax; Some rely on these tips.

Ozzie: Yeah. I knw. Well, let's eat. Don't wanna be late for duty now

Thrax; 8chuckled then tucked in8

Ozzie: *ate as well, feeding the kids at the same time*

8the youngesters happily ate8

*soon it was time to go bk to work. After finishing lunch, Ozzie n the kids walked Thrax bk to his post*

Thrax; 8kissed his mate8 Be careful love.

Ozzie: I will. Have a good day at work

Thrax; 8smiled and headed back to his station8

Random security: You've got a nice mate there. How did u ever score with him?

Thrax; 8narrowed his eyes8

Security: Hey, I'm just asking. Seriously, how were u able to score such a hot guy like him. You must be a very lucky man

Thrax; 8blushed8 It was fate.

Security: Oh? Pray tell. Btw, didn't get to introduce myself. The name's Derm.

Thrax; Roja, Thrx Roja.

Security: So, tell me ur story. How'd u end up with him?

Thrax; It's a long story.

Derm: We've got all day *chuckles* Very little happens in Hector *sat to listen Thrax's story*

Thrax; 8explained right from the beginning when it all happened8

Derm: *listens to every word with fascination*

Thrax; Life maybe rough but my family are my reason to live.

Derm: That is like the most romantic tale I have ever heard. I wish I'd get that sort of life

Thrax; You'll get lucky one day besides nobody in Frank was pureblooded.

Derm: Well, we're all pureblooded here. Actually more like 95% of us are *chuckles* Being that Hector is at a young age, that is

Thrax; 8nods8 But he does need to build up a good immune system.

Derm: Yeah. That's why Mayor Spryman is trying to get Hector to play basketball, to get him healthy enough to produce more competent immunity cells. Although I'd wager that he made him play it to impress Christine

Thrax; 8rolled his eyes8

Derm: Yeah, Mayor Spryman can sometimes make questionable choices, bt it's all for the common good. I believe he's got good intentions to accept u n ur gang into Hector

Thrax; 8muttered8 Yeah right.

Derm: *didn't hear him*

*the day soon passed peacefully. At the end of the day, everyone met at the entrance of the brain centre*

Leah; 8didn't seem to be in a good mood8

Hecro: Dang, Leah. You look like hell

Drix: *shot him a look, then turned to her* What happened, darling?

Leah; That miserable little bastard.

Drix: That bad, huh?

Hecro: What did he do?

Leah; 8handed them a list8

Drix: *looks at the list*

Hecro: What is it?

8it was a list faults she descovered round the body before she pulled out a loaded blaster8

Hecro: Woah, woah, woah, hold it, Leah girl!

Drix: *takes the blaster away frm her hand*

Leah; Better load up boys, look.

*everyone turned to look*

8a wave of germs and bacteria were headed their way8

Hecro: Woah~! *springs out his tentacles n took out his plasma gun*

Drix: *returns Leah her blaster n loads up his hand cannon*

Thrax; 8flexes his claws8

*a heated fight ensued. Spryman n Jared heard the commotion n went dwn to chk it out*

Thrax; 8left nothing of the ones he slayed8

Leah; 8vapourised as many as she could8

Hecro: *shot at some n his tentacles tore apart the others*

Drix: *froze them up before delivering a strong left hook, smashing them to pieces*

Spryman: Woah~! Tht is so cool~!

Jared: Keep bk. You don't wanna get caught in the fight *pulls him behind a wall*

Thrax; 8felt his body morph and he tore many to shreds8

Spryman: Wow~! Awesome~!

Jared: Get dwn! *pushed Spryman's head dwn as a random blast zoomed past them*

Hecro: *strangled a few more with his tentacles like a boa constrictor*

Leah; 8screamed as one bit her arm8

Thrax; 8tore it off8 What the-/ This is a virus.

Leah; 8fell to her knees8

Drix: Leah~!!! *ran to her n carried her in his arms*

Hecro: Oh spit! *elongated his tentacles n held the virus dwn*

Jared: *shocked to see Leah bitten n ran to her, not knwing there was a germ jumping up to him*

Spryman: Watch out!! *sprang to him n shielded him just as the germ was abt to bite Jared, its teeth on Spryman's arm instead* AHH! FUCK!!

Jared: *gasped* S-Spryman!!

Thrax; 8tore the thing away from Spryman and tore it's neck out8

*backup came up n disposed of the rest of the germs*

Hecro: What in teh name of Fr...I mean, Hector is going on here?!

Drix: No time. We have to get Leah to the hospital

Spryman: Amber! Get the limo! Take Estrogen to the hospital! *had his hand covering his bleeding arm*

Jared: Wh...What abt u?

Spryman: Forget abt me! I'm not a baby! Just go! Need the limo now, Amber!

Amber; 8ran off the get their ride8

Drix: *cradled Leah in his arms* Hang in there, darling. Hang in there

Hecro: *passes the virus that bit her to one of the backup*

Leah; 8started to shake and her body jolted8

Spryman: *watched worriedly, his hand still on his bleeding arm*

Drix: Oh no, hang in there, darling, pls *almost close to tears*

Thrax: Wait a second, Drix set her down.

Drix: *surprised, bt does so*

Leah; 8her body jerk and she cried out as she started to change8

*everyone gasped*

8she became more muscler, her membrace became hard and started to turned green8

Thrax; 8folded his arms8

Drix: Wh...What's going on here...?

Leah; 8jolted again as her clothes changed to a black tank top, fingerless black gloves, cargo pants and milutary black boots before she stood on her feet8

Jared: W...Woah, what just happened?!

Spryman: *breathed* Cool~!

Leah; 8straightened up and saluated8

Drix: What the...? Leah? Darling? Are you alright?

Leah: *in a german accent8 Better than I've ever been, sweetheart.

Spryman: Did she just...?

Jared: Woah...What Mommy said was true...!

Hecro: *watched in awe*

Thrax; 8smirked8

Derm: Oh my Hector!! She's a German Measles! *aims gun at her*

Drix: *shields her* Get ur gun away frm my fiance!

Thrax; 8hissed8 Back off.

Spryman: *comes up to Derm* Relax, officer. Hector already had the measles when he was 9, remember? Stand dwn, everyone

Leah; 8nudged the sinders of a germ with her foot8 This is only the beginning.

Jared: Where the hell did those germs and viruses come frm anyway?

Spryman: *turns to Thrax, Drix n Hecro* Shouldn't that be your job? Go on, git! Chk it out! You *points at Leah* Come with me

Leah: You're the reason they got in mein child.

Spryman: I'm not ur child, so dont mess with me. Now come on, my office! *stomps off*

Jared: But...But Spryman *follows after him* Ur arm

Spryman: Will u stop bothering abt my arm?! I told u I'm fine! C'mon, Estrogen. We need to talk

Hecro: *watches them leave* Well, guess we're gonna have our first overtime *shrugs* Shall we?

Thrax; C'mon.

Leah; 8fallows Spryman8

Spryman: *once in the office* Now, as much as I hate discussing serious stuff, I am the mayor. Now that u've revealed urself to be partially a German measles, u can no longer work in the brain centre any longer

Jared: Spryman, that's too harsh...

Leah; 8scoffed8

Spryman: *glares at Jared* Shut it, Jones-Roja! *turns bk to her* Lucky for u, after Hector's immunity shots, the German measles bk then were finally converted n signed a peace treaty to work under the army barracks. I believe u may find a plc there. It's a one time offer only. Take it or leave it

Leah; Army barricks/ No way.

Spryman: Why not? U got ur fellow German measles there. All of them work there. There is no other plc.

Leah; Too many bad memories with those clowns.

Spryman: Suit yourself. Here in the brain centre, everyone may tolerate Roja n T4 coz I'm the mayor n I say so, bt they cannot tolerate a Measles to work here, evn if I'm Hector himself. It's outta my hands *sat bk dwn on his chair n turned ard, back facing her*

Jared: There has to be some plc we can plc her...

Spryman: Nope. It's either the barracks or on her own. Good day, Estrogen

Jared: *shrugs at Leah, not sure wat to convince him otherwise*

Leah; 8nodded to him and left8

Jared: Spryman, that was just not fair

Spryman: I told u, it's outta my hands *intercoms* Amber, get ur ass in here!

Amber; 8ran in8 Yes sir.

Spryman: Dispose of this *grips tight on his bleeding arm n tore it off, blood pouring out of his shoulder, before tossing it to Amber* Quietly, this time

Jared: Wh...What the...?! *shocked*

Spryman: It's a secret only Amber n I share, n now u knw it *glares at Jared's boogie eye* Don't just stand there. Get a first aid kit. You want me to bleed to death?

Jared: *made a dash for it*

Amber; 8left to dispose of the arm8

Jared: *returns with the first aid kit* How did you...How...Why...?

Spryman: First thing's first, Jones-Roja. Wrap me up before u have to carry me out in a bodybag

Jared: *does so, ripping off his sleeve n put pressure on the tear wound, then sterilized the wound before putting wads of gauze n wrapped it up*

Amber; 8returned8 Anything else sir.

Spryman: Yes, now that u mentioned it. Go look for Ellen Patella. Talk to her abt securing a job somewhere for Ms. Estrogen, bt don't tell her I said so. I got a reputation to keep

Amber; 8nodded and left8

Jared: *scoffed* Who would want to keep a reputation of a spoiled brat?

Spryman: Watch ur tongue, Jones-Roja! I may not like it sometimes, bt it's the best I've got, especially wht with my family background

Jared: Family background?

8outside the window hidden, someone was listening in8

Spryman: Promise to keep ur trap shut abt it?

Jared: Cross my heart

Spryman: *sighs* I'm half-hair cell

Jared: *blinks* So?

Spryman: So? SO?? Do u knw wat it means to be a half-hair cell??

Jared: So? I'm half-Influenza. Doesn't reli make much difference

8the one outside listened in with interest8

Spryman: *groans exasperatedly* No one is allowed to take mayor office unless ur a pure-blooded brain cell. It's like the one rule in every city! Don't u even knw that??

Jared: Well...Nvr reli knew that. I mean our mayor Phlegmming was a pure-blood brain cell--one in a trillion--bt Leah was mayor n she's quarter German measles, so I don't see...

Spryman: Ugh! Fine, I get it. Bt the point is here in Hector, NO ONE runs for office unless ur pure-blooded brain cell. I got here coz thanks to document forgeries in my birth cert courtesy of Amber. Amber is...well, like my guardian after my parents died

Jared: Oh...dear, I'm sorry...

Spryman: Ah, no big. I barely knew them anyway. Point is I was born in a time where hair cells are the high-ups n everyone else is the lesser cell. Dad is brain cell, Mom is hair cell, they met, they fell in love, mom's parents didn't approve, they eloped n had me, then mom got caught n brought bk home, leaving me n dad, then dad got burnt alive wen Hector had high fever n flu n Amber, who is Dad's cousin, took me in

Jared: W...Why are hair cells the high ups? And...how did ur mom died?

Spryman: Hair cells are high ups coz they are the reason Hector is no longer as bald as a baby. My mom died coz Hector got nicked on the scalp after falling off frm the bus. Scraped mom n her family right off

8the listener jotted down the info8

Jared: So...ur acting like a spoilt brat because...?

Spryman: Coz this is the only way I can protect myself, to defend myself frm ppl focusing on my lineage. I keep them distracted with my attitude because brain cells have always been known sometimes for being a mental case. I don't like it that much, bt that's how it is

Jared: *giggles* I guess ur not as bad as we think u are

Spryman: Gee, ya think? *says sarcastically* Neways, enough of my sob story! Get me a coke or something! I'm thirsty

Jared: *smiles n puts away the meds into the kit* Yes, mayor *walks off*

8the listener smirked then scaled down the building and took off into the shadows8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews