TOYLB: Where There's Smoke... - Season 6-5

8the nxt day, Paul n Pendragon went to Acne Grooves to explain the situation, tho leaving out the murder part8

Paul: ...So yeah, tht's the gist of it. She got caught in the smog, so she's dying. Tht's why she can't show up for the hearing of the will

Grooves: 8nodded8 I see...

Pendragon; 8still had the knot in his stomach8

Paul: But her mother said she's giving all rights of inheritance to us, she said she doesn't need it

Grooves: She still has to sign the right of release tho. I think I had my secretary drop it off at their plc wen we tried to contact them for hearing. Maybe if u can collect that contract frm her...

Pendragon; 8nods8

Grooves: Good. Then once u get the contract, we can get dwn to business

Paul: Looks like we get to pay another visit to Rosalinda

Pendragon; 8nods8

8the duo soon made their way to their apartment8

Paul: 8rang the doorbell n waited8

Pendragon; 8licked his lips8

8there was no answer8

Paul: 8tried it again8

Pendragon; 8was starting to worry8

Paul: 8sees the security guard8 Hey, can u open the door for me? We're here to visit a sick relative n she might be too weak to answer the door

8the guard looked the two up n down8

Paul: C'mon, hv a heart? I'll make it worth ur while~ 8stuck a $10 carb bill thru the grill8

8the guard didn't budge8

Paul: 8added another $10 carbs*

Guard; You'll have to leave 8narrows his eyes8

Paul: 8grumbled8 Fine. A chance to make a quick buck n u turn it away. Ur loss 8left the plc, taking Pendragon's hand8

Pendragon; 8shot a glare over his shoulder8

Paul: 8looked ard n found a fire escape tht led towards Rosalinda's floor8 There, we should get in frm there. Gimme a boost

Pendragon; 8gave him a leg up8

Paul: 8reach up to pull the extension ladder n soon both of them were climbing up the fire escape stairs towards Rosalinda's floor8

Pendragon; 8kept on alert8

Paul: 8tested the window n found it wasn't locked8 Hey, its not locked. C'mon

Pendragon; 8climbed in after him8

Paul: 8tripped against the carpet, almost falling8 Woah, woah!!

Pendragon; 8caught him8

Paul: T-Thanks 8stood up properly8 Ms Rosalinda? Ms Rosalinda, u there?

Pendragon; 8checked Penelope's room8

8Rosalinda was in the room with Penelope, sitting on the armchair nxt to her, asleep8

Paul: 8came to Rosalinda8 Ms Rosalinda? Ms Rosa... 8his breath hitched as he realized Rosalinda's body was cold n she had no pulse8 M-Mordred... She's...

Pendragon; 8checked Penelope8

Penelope: 8had also gone cold, hving succumbed to the smog infection8

Paul: 8sees tht Rosalinda had an empty bottle of sleeping pills on her lap n a broken glass at her feet n knew wat she had done8 Oh Hector...

Pendragon; 8hung his head, shaking8

Paul: 8looked abt n saw a letter on top of an Acne Grooves labeled envelope n opened the letter to read8

Dear Paul and Mordred,
If you read this, know tht it is not ur fault tht things hv come to this. I am an old woman n I hv lived my life to the best of my capabilities. Penelope is the only reason tht has kept me going thru the yrs, n now without her, I hv no more reason to live. She was my lifeline n my everything before the both of u show up, n I knw both of u hv ur hearts at the right plc, bt I knw I cannot carry on living without my Penelope. Despite her faults, n despite her crimes, I love her vry much. There is a saying tht "parents should not bury their children", n I intend follow tht saying. So I shall leave this world with Penelope so tht she will not be alone in the Plains without me. I leave evrything to u n ur family in tht contract tht I hv signed. U will knw wat to do with it.
It has been a vry short time, bt I am glad tht I hv met u both. Thank u, n goodbye. Sincerely, 
Rosalinda

Pendragon; 8felt his throat tighten8

Paul: Oh Rosalinda... 8turned to hug Pendragon, sniffling8

Pendragon; 8held him close8

Paul: W-We better call Pops or Momma, so that they can handle this without us getting in trouble for trespassing...

Pendragon; 8nods8

Paul: 8dialed Thrax's number8

Thrax; Hello/

Paul: Hey Pops. It's me

Thrax; Paul/ What's wrong/

Paul: 8told him everything8 ...So yeah. Can u n Momma come handle this, so that we don't get in trouble with the police? N help me hold onto the Grooves envelope. I'm not gonna take it for fear of being suspected of murder

Thrax; You got it my boy

Paul: Alright. Cya with the good news 8hung up8 C'mon. Pops n Momma will clean up this mess. We gotta get outta here

Pendragon; 8looked at the two8

Paul: It'll be fine. Momma n Pops can handle this. We hv to go, now, before we get blamed for this

Pendragon; 8followed him8

Paul: 8got out thru the fire escape the way they came in n left8

Pendragon; 8stayed with him)

Paul: 8soon as they were away frm the building, his morning sickness finally acted up n he puked into the nearest drain, due to the stress just now as well8

Pendragon; 8rubbed his back8

Paul: 8puked for a good 5 mins before leaning against Pendragon8 U...U were right to worry...We should've stayed wtih them last night...I'm...I'm sorry...

Pendragon; 8held him close8

Paul: 8sobbed in his arms8 I feel like we killed them...

Pendragon; 8nuzzles him8

Paul: Let's go, before the cops shows up with Momma n Pops

Pendragon; 8led him away8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews