TOYLB: Where There's Smoke... - Season 6-3

8later towards the evening, Paul n Pendragon made their way to his half-sister's home8

Pendragon; 8was shaking badly8

Paul: 8held his hand8 Its gonna be OK, Mordred. She's still ur sister. Its not the end of the world

Pendragon; 8didn't look convinced8

Paul: Look. We're just there to visit. If they don't welcome us, then its fine, n we'll leave. Alright?

Pendragon; 8nods8

Paul: 8looks at the address again8 It should be dwn this corner... 8looked up n ard8 Ah, right there!

Pendragon; 8looked up8

8it was a dingy apartment within the backalleys of the Liver District, some kind of rent-controlled apartment for lower-class ppl8

Pendragon; 8snarled, grpping his fist8

Paul: 8squeezed his hand8 It's alright. We should be expecting this. C'mon, lets go

Pendragon; 8followed9

Paul: 8went to the set of doorbells n rang the one according to the address8

Voice: Yes?

Paul: Is this the Rosalinda residence?

Voice: Who wants to knw?

Pendragon; 8shook8

Paul: I'm Paul. I'm here with Mordred Pendragon. We...just wanna talk

Pendragon; 8stiffened8

8a vry long pause later before the door buzzed open8

Paul: So far, so good. C'mon 8takes Pendragon's  hand n went inside8

Pendragon; 8slowly went in8

Paul: 8made his way upstairs to the floor indicated in the address n knocked8

Pendragon; 8bit his tongue8

8the door opened, revealing a middle aged woman roughly close to her 60s, n seems to be a regular red blood cell8

Paul: Ms Rosalinda?

Rosalinda: Yes. Wat do u want?

Pendragon; 8gulped8

Paul: May we come in? I'd like to speak to u n ur daughter Penelope

Rosalinda: 8considered them for a moment before letting them in8

Pendragon; 8was froze in place8

Paul: 8nudged him a little n took his hand, guiding him indoors8

Rosalinda: Would u want some tea?

Pendragon; 8kept silent8

Paul: 8nudged him n whispered8 C'mon, say something

Pendragon; 8was tongue-tied8

Paul: 8sighed8 Tea will be fine, thank u

Rosalinda: 8nodded n left to the kitchen8

Paul: 8sat with Pendragon at the living room8 C'mon, Mordred. Get a grip

Pendragon; 8whispered8 Easy for you to say

Paul: 8whispered bk8 I knw its a little awkward meeting ur father's first wife, bt its best if u wanna leave a good impression. We need her to open up to us

Pendragon; 8was really unsure8

Rosalinda: 8comes with tea n cakes, setting them on the table, then pours them the drink quietly8

Paul: So...I think u might hv an idea why we're here

Rosalinda; 8nodded8

Pendragon; 8stiffened8

Paul: So...u were married to Mordred's dad bk then?

Rosalinda: Yeah, for abt 5 yrs, before he up n left me for ur mother

Pendragon; 8winced n bit his lip8

Paul: So...u care to let us knw a bit abt ur story there?

Rosalinda: Wat's to tell? We were young n stupid. We had a family wen neither of us were reli ready

Pendragon; 8narrowed his eyes8

Paul: Why dont u start frm the beginning?

Rosalinda: 8sighed n sat dwn8 Well Mordred's father n I were high school sweethearts. We were inseparable. Bt we were young n stupid n full of dreams. I dreamt of being a dancer, he dreamt of scoring it big in the corporate world. We thought being married n investing our lives in our career wouldn't be too big of a deal. Then I became pregnant, bt my pregnancy had complications, n it deteriorated my health so badly I could no longer dance anymore. Mordred's father continued to soar into the corporate world n earned enough money to let me live comfortably, bt then he met Mordred's mom, who is equally as rich n powerful n served his means of success well to him. He had an affair with him n got her knocked up, n decided to divorce me, kick me out of the house with Penelope n married her instead. I've been living here evr since, surviving on being a dance teacher by day n laundry store shift lady by night. End of story

Pendragon; 8felt sick to his stomach8

Paul: I-I'm sorry to hear tht

Rosalinda: Don't blame urself, kiddo 8turns to Pendragon8 Its not ur fault. I knw u. I've visited a few times to ur house wen u were younger, bt u prolly don't remember me. I came sometimes to ask for money if I couldnt afford to pay for Penelope's expenses, bt other than tht, I just stay away frm the family. U've grown to be a fine boy tho, thank goodness u didn't hv ur father's personality, tho u look almost like him wen we were still high school sweethearts

Pendragon; 8blushed8

Paul: So abt the will, I'm sure Mr Grooves has called u or ur daughter abt it...

Rosalinda: Ah yes, tht. So...he reli is dead, huh?

Pendragon; 8nods

Rosalinda; 8sighed8 I was afraid of this

Paul: Wat do u mean?

Pendragon; 8looked at her8

Rosalinda: 8got up n gestured them to follow her8

Pendragon; 8stood up with Paul n followed her8

Rosalinda: 8led her to wat looked like a bedroom n opened the door8

Paul: 8looked in n gasped as he saw a red blood she-cell just like Rosalinda, only with the Pendragon trademark hair, lying in bed covered in black patches, evidence of smog infection8 Is tht...?

Rosalinda: Yes, my little girl Penelope

Pendragon; 8felt sick8 The smog?

Rosalinda: 8nodded8 N it pains me to admit it bt...I think Penelope killed ur parents

Pendragon; 8looked at her8

Rosalinda: Penelope had always had this silent rage ovr ur parents, evn tho she wouldn't admit it to me face to face. One day I stumbled upon her diary n the content was more than just an innocent ranting abt an angry teen. She had intent to kill, she wanted ur parents dead for letting us suffer such a fate n such abandonment. I just nvr thought she'd actually do it

Paul: Until she came home like this

Rosalinda: 8nodded8 I thought she just got unlucky n didnt outrun the smog, bt it was more than just accidental exposure. Docs said she had been exposed quite a considerable time. Then recently Grooves called n told me abt the cause of death of Mordred's parents, n I put two n two together...

Pendragon; 8gripped his fist8

Rosalinda: Pls don't expose her. She doesnt hv enough time left, I just want her to pass on in peace. We don't need the money or the inheritance anymore. I don't need it anymore. Its all urs. All I ask is...to keep this a secret

Paul: I don't knw... 8looked at Pendragon8

Pendragon; 8walked over to the young hybrid, kneeling next to her8

Penelope: 8opened her eyes a little wen she heard his footsteps. She was abt 5 yrs older than her, bt her physique looked almost like she was 10 yrs younger than her younger half-brother8

Pendragon; 8gently took her hand8

Penelope: 8coughed a bit8 Y-You...

Pendragon; Easy now

Penelope: U...shouldn't be here...

Pendragon; 8looked at her in sarrow8

Penelope: Ur father...abadoned us...Ur mother...ruined us...They...deserve to die...

Rosalinda: Enough, Penny

Pendragon; They did, they've hurt many including you, your mother as well as my fiancée n I

Penelope: Ur...not angry...at me...?

Pendragon; Never

Penelope: 8sobbed a little before coughing8

Paul: 8smiled a little8 Dont worry. Ur secret is safe with us

Pendragon; 8stroked her hair8

Penelope: I...I just...was so angry... Tht night...I snuck into the house... Not sure if its just me, bt there's... "something" in the house helping me... I waited for the smog to show up...then opened all the windows dwnstairs to... I knew I should've gotten out of there, bt I wanted to stay...n watch...I wanted to make sure...they're dead... 8coughed again8

Pendragon; Don't talk save your strength

Penelope: Docs said...I dont hv long...bt...I dont care...It was...worth it...

Paul: 8went to the other side n took her other hand8 We're reli sorry for wat the Pendragons did to u. Rest assure everything will right itself in the end

Pendragon; 8gave her hand a small squeeze8

Paul: We'll make sure u won't be alone wen the time comes 8stroke her hair8

Penelope: 8let out a small smile8

Rosalinda: 8smiled as well8

Pendragon; I wish I'd known sooner, I could have helped you both

Rosalinda: Its alright. Its not ur fault. Ur parents kept u in the dark. Its all on them

Pendragon; 8sighed sadly8

Paul: Wat r u going to do now?

Rosalinda: I dunno. I'll prolly just wait it out with my little girl till her last moments, n then...well, we'll see wat happens frm there...

Pendragon; There must be something we can do

Rosalinda: 8shook her head8 I'm old, child. There's nothing more an old lady needs than to be comfortable in her own lifestyle. Its alright. U live the life u deserve. I dont need the money. U hv a family to raise as well 8gently touches Paul's middle8

Paul: 8blinked8 H-Huh...?

Pendragon; 8looked at his mate to be8

Paul: 8shook his head n shrugged, no idea wat she was talking abt8

Rosalinda: I can tell frm experience, luv. U are with child

Paul: W-What?? 8blushed8

Pendragon; 8looked at her8

Rosalinda: 8smiled8 May I? 8gently raises Paul's shirt n revealed the tiny ball in the young cell's middle8

Pendragon; 8looked at Paul8

Paul: I didn't... I... 8realized something8 Ooh... That... 8blushed*

Pendragon; 8tilted his head8

Paul: I think we shouldn't discuss this here...

Rosalinda: U'll hv a while to catch up. We'll be fine here. N pls help me tell Mr Grooves tht my Penelope can't come

Paul: *nodded8 We will

Pendragon; 8stroked Penelope's hair gently8

Penelope: 8had went bk to sleep8

Paul: 8takes Pendragon's hand8 Come, Mordred. We'll come bk another time

Pendragon; 8stood up8

Rosalinda: Take care, kiddo 8kissed Pendragon's forehead8

Pendragon; 8gave her a small sad smile8

Paul: 8gives her a hug n left the house8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews