TOYLB: Lurker in the Shadows-Season 1-7

Vincent; 8looked round8

*they were soon dwn Spinal District n were within the neighborhood of the address*

Vincent; 8looked for the house8

*the house was dwn two blocks to where they were*

Vincent; Two blocks away8

Dieter: Ja *drives towards the house* Hm, qvuite old-looking. I vonder eef ze owner ztill lives here

Vincent; We'll have to see

Dieter: *got out of the car n went to knock on the door*

Vincent; 8stood beside him8

*a teenager answered the door*

Teen: Yes?

Dieter: Hi, I vas vondering eef jour Tannen, ze vone who vorks in Avalon Library?

Tannen: Yes, I am

Vincent; We were wondering about an encyclopedia you donated

Tannen: I've donated a lot of books actually. Wat sort of encyclopedia?

Dieter: Ze vone for chiddlerz, Encyclopedia A-Z

Tannen: Oh tht! Yes, I gave tht. Anything wrong with it?

Vincent; 8showed him the letter8

Tannen: *takes it n reads it* Tht's my grandpa's handwriting! Where did u get this?

Dieter: Jour Opa (grandpa)? Jou mean ze vone zat passed avay?

Tannen: Yeah, he passed away 3 yrs ago due to heart failure. Where did u get this?

Vincent; in the Encyclopedia

Tannen: *sees the name* Noir *smiled* My grandpa talked a lot abt him. Oh, where r my manners? Come in, come in, hv some tea

Vincent; 8went to get the kids8

Dieter: *waited for Vincent before entering the house, following behind Tannen*

Vincent; 8looked round8

*the plc was more or less old school, with a few small modernizing, bt it was in pristine condition*

Tannen: Dont mind the old school design in our home. My family r a sucker for asthetics, they love old school stuff, n I've grown accustomed to it *went to the kitchen to make tea*

Vincent; 8looked at a few things8

Dieter: *trying to get the kids not to be so itchy hands*

Vincent; 8looked at some photos8

*one of the photos showed of Emmett who is actually a red blood cell wen he was young, looking vry bookish n slightly nerdish, bt a quiet character, n him wen he was older with his own children, n a few more with his grandchildren*

Vincent; 8scratched his chin8

Tannen: Sorry it took so long *brought the tea n cookies out* Oh, admiring the family photos, huh?

Vincent; Juat looking

Tannen: *set the snacks dwn* Sugar? Cream?

Dieter: Juz cream plz, danka

Vincent; Both please

Tannen: *nods n served them the tea the way they want it, then offered cookies to the kids*

Twins: Wee~ *took two each*

Vincent; What do you say?

Twins: Danka~

Tannen: *chuckles* Ur welcome

Vincent; 8sipped his tea8

Dieter: Hv jou evr met zis Noir?

Tannen: No, actually. My grandpa mentioned him once or twice, saying tht he was his first love. He said he slipped a love letter into a book hoping tht he would borrow it n read it, bt I guess he nvr did borrow the book. I guess he managed to track dwn the book n kept it before anyone else finds out there's a letter in it

Vincent; Wonder what Noir was like

Dieter: I'm actually curiouz too. Do jou zink librariez keep a record of ze list of borrowerz?

Tannen: I suppose so. I am working as a admin clerk at Avalon Libraries where my grandpa used to work, maybe we can chk it out frm there

Vincent; 8nods8

Tannen: My computer has a sharing program wtih the library, maybe I can search frm there in my study. Would u like to come along?

Dieter: Vhy not? *follows him*

Vincent; 8did as well, carrying the kids8

Twins: *nommed on another couple of cookies as they watched the adults work*

Tannen: *went to his computer n connected to the library server*

Vincent; 8sat down8

Dieter: Any luck?

Tannen: Hang on, lemme see...Noir...Noir...Noir...Ah, here we go!

Vincent; 8looked8

Tannen: This will be tough, there r quite a number of Noir-s in this list tho

Dieter: Maybe jou can short-list to ze vones zat jour Opa knws he readz

Vincent; 8nods8

Tannen: Well, lets see, my grandpa said he likes these certain books *typed the book titles n waited* Ah, finally we've narrowed it dwn

Vincent; Anything?

Tannen: Yeah, got a Noir Veins, he's the one who reads all these books tht my grandpa said he likes. He lives dwn at...wow, tht's far, he lives at the Appendix area

Dieter: Dwn in ze village area? Coming all ze vay to ze city juz for bookz?

Vincent; Odd

Tannen: I guess we'll just hv to find out *copies the address* Shall we go search for him?

8they nod8

Tannen: I'm gonna hv to hitch a ride with u guys tho, if u hv room

Dieter: Ja, ve hv, if jou dont mind sitting vith the chiddlers

Tannen: Well, maybe better if I take the front seat n let the kids be with their mother

Vincemt; Alright

*the gang went off to the car*

Vincent; 8got in the back with the kids8

Dieter: *drove dwn, following Tannen's address*

Vincent; 9kept the kids entertained8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews