TOYLB: Growing Pains - Season 7-8

[the nxt morning...]

Ozzy: [woke up at the alarm, getting up slowly to start the day with preparing the kids' breakfast]

Thrax; 8despite the late text he got had got up fr his usual jog8

Ozzy: [made pancakes n waffles, taking out the syrup bottles to go with them]

Thrax; 8soon came in8

Ozzy: [sees him return] /Hey babe, had a good jog?/

Thrax; Uneventful

Ozzy: /So, been meaning to ask, wat did Taka want last night in the middle of the night?/

Thrax; He needs Hecro's assistance

Ozzy: /Huh? For wat?/

Thrax; 8explained what Taka suggested8

Ozzy: /Well, I guess I could contact Hecro to help out. He does know his way ard connections n ppl/

Thrax; Surprised he decided to continued that line of work

Ozzy: /It's probably the only way he knows how to do in a working society. Plus, he's got Hecra as backup, since they both share the same mind n intelligence, n it lets him stay at home to tend to the house n the kids/

Thrax; Just as long as he watches his back

Ozzy: /I think if I'm not mistaken, he's sorta like an info broker n informant for every PD in Goliath. I'll give him a call later as soon as I'm done with the kids. Oh btw don't forget, the tutor is coming over today/

Thrax; I didn't 8went to shower n change8

Ozzy: [smiled n finished making the last of the pancakes n waffles, setting them on the table]

Kids: [except Jared, were all awake, dressed n ready for school]

Ozzy: /Good morning, kids. Time for breakfast before school/

8they all took their seats n started eating8

Kiaran: [drowns his waffles with chocolate syrup]

Ozzex: [does the same with his maple syrup]

Ozzy: /Easy, boys. Leave some syrup for ur siblings/

Sakura; 8only took buttered pancakes8

Rory; 8took a couple of waffles with maple syrup8

Twins: [took whipped cream n chocolate syrup n sprinkled with fruits: Jamie with strawberries n Junko with bananas]

Ozzy: [cut up some pancakes in tiny bite sizes for Ozma, now that she's ready for solid foods]

Hope; 8took a bit of both8

Ozzex: Is Jared not going bk to school anymore, Mama?

Ozzy: /Not till he feels ready, sweetheart/

Thrax; 8came down after a while8

Ozzy: /Take ur pick, babe/ [continued feeding Ozma]

Thrax; 8just took a pancake n waffle8

Ozzy: [finished feeding Ozma n got started on preparing lunches for the kids in their paper bags]

8Sakura n Rory had already finished their's n had packed their own lunches8

Ozzy: /Bus is almost here. Finish up n grab ur lunches/

Kids: [quickly gobbled their food n made their way like a row of duckies to grab the lunch bags frm the kitchen counter] Bye, Mama! Bye, Papa!

Thrax; C'ya later kids

Ozzex: [was the last to go out the door n accidentally bumped into someone who just so happen to be there n was abt to ring the doorbell] Oops! Sorry! [went ard the person to catch up with his siblings]

Thrax; 8raised a brow, coming to the door8

Ozzy: [takes Ozma out of the baby chair n looked at the strange visitor as well] /Who's tht, babe?/

Thrax; 8arched a brow8

Ozzy: [stood nxt to Thrax, giving the person a short glance, then spoke thru the link with Thrax] /I think he might be the tutor Avalon mentioned/

Orville; [brain cell' Mr n Mr Jones-Roja?

Ozzy: [nodded, then used his phone to text his words] U must be Isaac Orville [spoke thru the link with Thrax] /Wow, Avalon wasn't kidding wen he said he looks unconventional. He looks awfully young to be a tutor/

Thrax; 8nods8

Orville; Yes Mr Avalon sent me here to tutor your son

Ozzy: [writes] If u don't mind me asking, how old r u?

Orville; 15 sir

Ozzy: [writes] I take it ur proficient in sign language as well

Orville; [signed] Yes fluently

Ozzy: [switched to sign language] That's good. Hope u don't mind waiting. I need to wake my son up. Hv something to eat or drink while u wait [passes Ozma to Thrax]

Thrax; 8gently took his youngest8

Ozzy: [went to Jared's room n knocked] /Jared, time to wake up n get dressed. Ur tutor is here/

Jared: [rapped the door bk gently in reply]

Orville; 8waited for them8

Ozzy: [signed at Orville] If u don't mind, u can wait for him at the kid's study room

Orville; Thank you

Thrax; 8led him there8

Jared: [washed up n got dressed, then grabbed some breakfast from the dining room before bringing it along to the study room where the tutor is waiting, then sits down n waved timidly] Hi

Orville; You must Jared I presume/

Jared: [nodded, then sat dwn, signing] I hope u don't mind me having breakfast while in class. I kinda just woke up n all

Orville; Well we're not starting lessons today, I just came to introduce myself

Jared: [signed] OK... So... Wat's ur full name?

Orville; Isaac Parker Orville, pleasure to meet you 8hold out his hand8

Jared: [signed] Jared Leucocyte Jr Jones-Roja, named aftr my late adopted big brother [took his hand n shook it]

Orville; 8smiled n shook it8

Jared: [signed] Mama n Papa said u were sent by the school to tutor me. No offense bt... u look kinda young to be a private tutor

Orville; Well I am 15

Jared: [signed] I see. I was sorta expecting someone btwn their 30s to 50s [giggled a little]

Orville; Understandable but teens can tutor ones their own age group

Jared: [nodded, then signed] I see. So if we're not having classes today, wat shall we do?

Orville; Well I only dropped by to meet you n your folks n to sort out our schedule

Jared: [shrugged n signed] I'll be here everyday, not going anywhere, so it's up to u reli to decide the
schedule. I'm pretty flexible

Orville; 8smiled8

Jared: [signed] U study at Avalon too?

Orville; Yes though not the advance classes, that's biting off more than I can chew

Jared: [signed] So ur just a little bit on the gifted side, bt not too much? Don't be fooled by how I look tho. I may look big bt it's a viral growth spurt thing. I'm actually more or less almost coming to reach first or second grade

Orville; 8inhaled sharply8

Jared: [signed sadly] Yeah, I know. Freaky, right?

Orville; You're far too young to be going through that yet

Jared: [signed] I know, bt there's a reason they call it a growth spurt. It doesn't help that my dad is a virus n my mom is a bio-weapon hybrid

Orville; Hard to tell with mixed genetics

Jared: [signed] So yeah, I'm a 5 or 6 yr old stuck in a 13 yr old body. N all my friends hate me n want nothing to do with me. I guess even mutes discriminate each other

Orville; Your siblings must be having it hard as well

Jared: [signed] Mostly my elder sisters, coz they're hitting puberty early than any normal kid should. We're all grade school kids stuck in a teenage body

Orville; 8nods8

Jared: [signed] This is where u come in, I suppose. U tutor me my subjects, get me qualified for high school, n then I might go bk to school where I can actually fit in. I'm not in a mood to run into my so-called friends right now, not after wat happened...

Orville; True friends stick by you no matter what

Jared: [chuckled n signed] Thts exactly wat Papa said

Orville; He's a smart man

Jared: [signed] So is this all for today?

Orville; If you wish to stop now

Jared: [signed] Well, u said there's no lessons, just a get-to-knw each other session, so its up to u

Orville; Well I guess we are finished fr now

Jared: [signed] Wait, just one question

Orville; Yes/

Jared: [signed] Wat breed or species r u?

Orville; Just your run of the mill brain cell

Jared: [signed] Ah, I thought ur shade of colour n membrane looked familiar, it's the same as my siblings' lovers, the Avalon twins

Orville; Well cells of the same category would have different colouring

Jared: [signed] Depending on their ancestry?

Orville; More or less

Jared: [nodded, then signed] I suppose I'll see u soon?

Orville; We'll start tomorrow

Jared: [signed] Can't wait [stands up to hold out his hand to shake]

Orville; 8shook it8

Jared: [accompanies Orville out, where Thrax n Oz were at the living room]

Ozzy: [sees them, signed] Evrything alright?

Orville; Everything's fine Mr. Jones-Roja

Ozzy: [signed] Has the lessons started? Wat is the schedule n study plan?

Orville; They will start tomorrow

Ozzy: [signed] Tht sounds like a plan, doesnt it, babe? [turns to Thrax]

Thrax; 8nods8

Ozzy: [signed] Then I look forward to see u, Mr Orville. I leave my son's education in ur care [shook his hand]

Orville; 8shook it back8

Ozzy: [signed] Need a lift bk home or bk to school?

Orville; It's fine, I'll get the bus back home

Ozzy: [signed] Oh? U don't classes today? Or r u already graduated?

Orville; Pre-grad but it's a upper-grades tutors meeting today so no classes

Ozzy: [signed] Impressive. Same time tomorrow then?

Orville; Of course

Ozzy: [walks him out of the door]

Jared: [waved goodbye at him]

Orville; 8smiled n nodded to him8

Ozzy: [watched him leave, then shuts the door] /So wat do u think of him, son?/

Jared: [signed] I think he's pretty good. He seems like a decent guy. He's 15 tho

Thrax; So/ a lot of teens tutor

Jared: [signed] I've nothing against tht. I'm just a little surprised, is all. I was expecting maybe college kids

Ozzy: /Mr Avalon did warn us he would look a little different than wat we might expect. I was thinking the same thing as Jared as well, tbh/

Thrax; Frankly I'm not surprised, the kid gives off an aura of strong intellect

Ozzy: /Well, at least a good enough intellect to be able to take on tutoring/

Jared: [signed] He was pretty surprised at my real age tho

Thrax; Can't blame him

Jared: [sighed n signed] Sometimes I wish I were normal, tht I were to grow like a cell does, like u, Mama

Ozzy: /Oh, Jared.../

Thrax; 8wrapped his arms round him8

Ozzy: [hugged him as well]

Jared: [hugged them bk, then signed] Sorry, I'm being such a downer again, am I?

Thrax; Never

Ozzy: /Its alright to hv doubts, bt remember tht its not ur fault, nor anyone's/

Jared: [nodded sadly]

Thrax; 8nuzzles him8

Jared: [giggled at the nuzzle]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews