TOYLB: Growing Pains - Season 7-4

[meanwhile, Ozzy was doing the final report on the case of Salvador on his end for the local PD]

Thrax; 8stretched out his joints8

Ozzy: [looked up to see him n smiled] /Hey there, stranger/

Thrax; 8smirked with a raised brow8

Ozzy: /Saw u were texting pretty intently this morning. Who was tht?/

Thrax; My bros

Ozzy: /Oh? Anything interesting u guys were discussing abt?/ [finished the last document n started printing]

Thrax; We're thinking of visiting the Plains with the whole clan

Ozzy: /Oh tht sounds like nice. Wat brought that up?/

Thrax; Because of the situation with Sal, Father's Day n Mother's Day passed by them

Ozzy: /Oh right, tht. It sorta passed us by too, didn't it? Coz we were investigating the case as well/

Thrax; 8nods8

Ozzy: [sighed] /I hope the kids don't feel like we're neglecting them n missing out on important events. They put up so much with us all these years/

Thrax; They understand baby, they're smart

Ozzy: /I know, I just can't help feeling bad, is all/

Thrax; 8wrapped his arms round him8

Ozzy: [nuzzled him] /So wen will tht day be? The gathering, I mean/

Thrax;; 8told him8

Ozzy: /Hmm, one of the weekends, huh? Maybe we could do it sometime next week? Give Di n Vince enough time to relax n settle in bk to their old routine/

Thrax; 8nods8

Ozzy: /We'll hv to give the kids a heads-up abt this/

Thrax; Right

Ozzy: /How's Jared doing with his home-schooling thing? I remember Mr Avalon telling us tht he would send a home-school tutor for Jared until he's comfortable enough to go bk to school while he sorts out the problem of the class change/

Thrax; No word yet

Ozzy: /Maybe u could try giving him a call to remind him or something? He's a principal n a busy man, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt/

Thrax; 8nods, picking up the phone8

Ozzy: [went bk to printing the documents while Thrax did his thing]

Thrax; 8called Avalon8

Mr Avalon: [answered at the third ring] Good morning, Mr Roja

Thrax; Good morning

Mr Avalon: Wat can I do u for on this fine morning?

Thrax; 8told him what he needed8

Mr Avalon: Ah yes, the home-school tutor. Truth be told, I've already got one pretty good tutor, bt bcoz u hv been away on a case, I couldn't send the tutor ovr without ur express permission or without giving u a chance to assess the tutor to see if they're good for u, so I had to wait until u returned

Thrax; That's understandable

Mr Avalon: I might hv to warn u tht, well, this teacher is a bit unconventional in appearance, bt he is definitely suited for the job

Thrax; Never judge a book by it's cover

Mr Avalon: True, bt just want u to be prepared. He'll be there tomorrow morning. As for the class change, I'm afraid there might be a small problem. I can change his class no problem, bt the fact tht he has to deal with the bullying worries me. I hv told the teachers to keep an eye out, bt they can only do so much to control the children's behavior. Wat they do to ur son in private away frm their eyes is beyond their control, since they can't exactly monitor everyone 24/7

Thrax; No one can be everywhere at once

Mr Avalon: Unless ur son feels tht it would be best if he just continued to be home-schooled until he reach the grade where his appearance would blend in with the crowd? I knw Jared is slightly more emotionally sensitive than the rest of ur children...

Thrax; I fear Ozma could end up the same

Mr Avalon: Ozma? Oh, u mean ur youngest. Does she hv a disability too?

Thrax; She's deaf

Mr Avalon: Oh, I'm sorry to hear tht. Well, lets just hope it would not come to tht

Thrax; So do we

Mr Avalon: Well, its up to ur son whether he would like to spend the remainder of his current grades home-schooled until he's reached the grade where he can blend in. U will hv to ask him. Our tutor will be happy to accomodate

Thrax; Thank you

Mr Avalon: No problem. Btw the tutor's name is Isaac. Isaac Orville

Thrax; 8took down the name8 Got it

Mr Avalon: Good. Hope to get some good feedback abt the tutor from u guys. Ta! [hangs up]

Thrax; 8set the phone down8

Ozzy: [finished compiling all the paperwork n puts them in the file, sees Thrax finishing his call] /So how did it go?/

Thrax; 8explained to him8

Ozzy: /Oh I see. Yeah, I guess with us on the case, he couldn't do anything. I hope this tutor is good/

Thrax; From what Avalon said he's good at his job

Ozzy: /Let's hope so. Abt Jared... should we ask him if he wants to go bk to school?/

Thrax; 8nods8

Ozzy: /He's in the study room, I think/

Thrax; 8went to check8

Ozzy: [followed behind him]

Jared: [was indeed in the study room, sitting on a bean bag cushion, reading a thick book]

Thrax; Jared/

Jared: [looked up, then smiled n signed] Hey Mama, hey Papa

Ozzy: /Hey, sweetie, how're u holding up?/

Jared: [signed] /I'm good, kinda/

Thrax; 8came up to him8

Ozzy: /Jared, sweetie, we need to ask u something/

Jared: [signed] Wat is it?

Thrax; 8knealt beside him n explained the situation8

Jared: [listened, then sighed, signing] Sorry, Mama, Papa, its my fault u hv to resort to these measures to accommodate me

Ozzy: /No, no, don't say tht. It's not ur fault. Nvr blame urself for something like tht/

Jared: [signed] But...

Thrax; Your mother's right Jared

Jared: [signed] ...well, is it OK if I be homeschooled until I reach the grade tht suits my looks?

Thrax; If you feel comfortable with it

Ozzy: [nodded in agreement]

Jared: [signed] Thanks. I just... Don't want to go thru that bullying again, n I learnt the hard way who my real friends are... [sighed n signed] Even wen we hv the same disabilities, they still discriminate me, as if being mute is not enough, now they don't want a tall mute freak to be their friend anymore...

Thrax; A true friend would stick by your side no matter what

Ozzy: /At least now u knw n u will be able to choose n make newer n better friends once ur ready to go bk to school/

Jared: [signed] Wat does my tutor look like?

Thrax; Not really sure Jared, we're meeting him tomorrow

Jared: [signed] Does he hv a name?

Ozzy: /If I'm not mistaken, Isaac Orville. Right, babe?/

Thrax; Yep

Jared: [signed] Then I look forward to meeting him [smiled]

Thrax; 8smiled8

Ozzy: [smiled n patted his head] /I can tell u n the tutor will get along just fine/

Thrax; 8chuckled8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews