TOYLB: Growing Pains - Season 4-9

[The next few days later, Sakura was finally well enough to go to school]

Ozzy: [made breakfast for the kids]

Sakura; 8came in shaking a bit8

Ozzy: [sees her] /Hey, sweetie. U feeling alright?/

Sakura; 8shook her head, sitting at the table8

Ozzy: [made her some warm milk] /U feeling up to go to school then?/

Sakura; 8drank it8 Can't stay off any longer

Ozzy: /Alright, but don't force urself, OK? If u still feel off, gimme a call n I'll come pick u up frm school n let the teacher knw/

Sakura; 8nods n grabbed her bag8

Ozzy: /Don't forget ur lunch/ [gives her the paper bag with her lunch in it]

Sakura; Thanks 8takes it n headed off, using her flight technique8

Ozzy: [saw her off, then the rest of the siblings hv come out, all ready for school] /Mornin', kids. Hv some breakfast before u leave/ [sets out a plate of stacked buttered toast for them to take in turn, n lined their lunch paper bags for them to bring to school as well]

Rory; 8only took a slice of toast, grabbed his bags n took off after his sister8

[the rest took their share of toast like a row of duckies, said their goodbyes n left out the door, all except Jared who didnt show up at all]

Thrax; 8looked at his son8

Ozzy: [looked ard] /Where is Jared?/

Thrax; 8went to check the bedrooms8

Jared: [was sitting in bed, not changed]

Thrax; Jared?

Jared: [looked up at him, then looked dwn quietly]

Thrax; 8sat on the bed8

Jared: [signed] Hey

Thrax; What's wrong?

Jared: [signed] I don't want to go to school anymore. There's no plc for me there

Thrax; What do ya mean my boy/

Jared: [signed] U saw my memories, u read my mind, I knw u did. My so-called friends has abandoned me, n the other students call me a freak of nature. I don't look my age anymore, n the teacher himself doesn't want move me up to my required grade. N wat happened to me with the janitor... [looked away]

Thrax; 8held him tight8

Ozzy: [knocks n enters] /Is everything OK?/

Thrax; 8looked up8

Jared: [didn't respond]

Ozzy: /Wat happened, sweetie? Why aren't u getting ready for school?/

Thrax; He doesn't want to go back baby

Ozzy: /Is it bcoz of wat happened that day at school?/

Jared: [nodded]

Thrax; 8sighed8

Ozzy: /Sweetie, the bad man is gone now. There's nothing u need to worry abt/

Jared: [signed] Its not just that, Mama...

Thrax; 8looked at his mate8

Ozzy: /How so?/

Jared: [tells him wat he told Thrax]

Ozzy: /Oh, sweetie.../ [held him close]

Thrax; 8stroked Jared's hair8

Ozzy: /Alright, u can stay at home for now. We'll get thru this, alright?/

Jared: [nodded, then signed] Sorry, Mama, sorry, Papa...

Thrax; 8nuzzled him8

Ozzy: [kissed him in the forehead n left the room, gestured Thrax to follow]

Thrax; 8let his son be8

Ozzy: [once outside, turns to Thrax] /We need to speak to this headmaster of his. We specifically wrote tht request letter to ask him to switch Jared to suit his grades n he just declined? Wat kind of teacher is tht?/

Thrax; I'll talk to the Avalons about this though they may not wish to speak

Ozzy: /U mean Terry n Terra's parents? Why would u think they'd not speak to us?/

Thrax; The strained relationship between our kids

Ozzy: /I dont think they'd put personal feelings onto wat's important. Aftr all, I hv a feeling Terry nvr told them. Or they would've been calling us ages ago abt it/

Thrax; True

Ozzy: /Would u like to make the call?/

Thrax; 8nods n went to get the phone8

Ozzy: [went to get coffee for Thrax]

Thrax; 8dialed the Avalons8

Servant: [picks up] Avalon residence

Thrax; May I speak to either Mr or Mrs Avalon?

Servant: One moment pls [calls for Mr Avalon]

Mr Avalon: Thank u, Grey [takes the call] Hello, Avalon speaking

Thrax; This is Thrax Roja

Mr Avalon: Ah yes, Mr Roja. How're u n ur family doing? Its been a while since we heard frm u

Thrax; Dealing with some things but I'm callin' about my youngest son Jared

Mr Avalon: Oh yes, I've heard abt it at the school board meeting. Something abt him attacking a janitor in self-defense?

Thrax; 8sighs8 Yes

Mr Avalon: So sorry for it to hv happened to ur son. I've read the police report n everything. Sadly the HR didnt do a thorough bkgrd chk on the guy, so we deeply apologize for tht. Turns out he's a bit of a repeat offender n he got in thru backdoor channels. One of the teachers was his cousin or something

Thrax; 8groans8 Family ties, a strength or weakness depending

Mr Avalon: True tht. Bt I get the feeling ur not calling me regarding tht issue

Thrax; Not only that 8told him the situation with his son8

Mr Avalon: Oh my, I can't believe tht's happening. All request letters hv to go thru my secretary n thru me before decision making, n I nvr heard of this

Thrax; Now you know

Mr Avalon: I'll look into it personally. In the meantime would u like me to send u a home-school tutor? Just until Jared is comfortable enough to go bk to school?

Thrax; If you could

Mr Avalon: Consider it done. I hope ur son will pull thru frm this. N don't be a stranger. Do drop by for tea or dinner sometime

Thrax; 8chuckles8 Of course

Mr Avalon: I'll let u knw wen the tutor is ready to come by ur plc. U still hv my cell number, right?

Thrax; On speed-dial

Mr Avalon: Cool. I text u as soon as I can. Toodles

Thrax; Thank you, good day 8hangs up8 /Toodles? Really?/  8rolls his eyes8

Ozzy: [came bk with Thrax's coffee] /How did it go?/

Thrax; He'll be sorting it out n sending a tutor for Jared

Ozzy: /Tht's good news/ [passes the coffee to Thrax] /I hope things will turn out alright. I worry abt Jared/

Thrax; Me to baby 8sipped the coffee8

Ozzy: /I hope Sakura n Rory hv better luck in school this time. I worry abt them too, wat with Sakura being so distant frm Terry coz of her puberty n Rory blaming himself for driving them apart/

Thrax; 8sighs8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews